Behind the Scenes at the CCMA Leadership Podcast
When I came on board, I thought it would be great if we could highlight the many incredible people doing campus ministry around the country.
A podcast seemed like a good medium to accomplish this goal.
What is now the CCMA Leadership Podcast began with this simple goal in mind: highlight talent. Now two episodes into the show, we are getting some great feedback. In this post, I thought we could share what our process has been like so here goes:
- Brainstorm names of guests. Our staff then came up with about 25 guests who we thought would be able to share something of value. Invites then went out via email.
- Schedule guests. Always the most difficult part of a podcast, we then began the long and winding road of scheduling guests, sometimes months out of a showdate.
- Clarify frequency and expectations. We made it clear (up front) that we use Skype or Google Hangouts and that the show is no more than 25 minutes.
- Hire a voice for the intro. I used Fiverr.com to do this and had a nice intro in less than a week. For $5, that's not bad!
- Do the work. We record each week and then publish each Monday. You can now subscribe via iTunes and Stitcher. All of your most popular smartphone podcast apps can easily search for the cast as well which is how most people listen to podcasts.
Chrysta and I use an app called Nozbe to get all of this done. From the list making to the updates on guests, it all happens there. When we have a new suggestion for a guest, we can park the name in our online project.
What do you think of the show? If you have suggestions or feedback, we'd love to hear it. You can email me directly at email@example.com.