6 Ways to Find Your Next Role in Ministry
How long have you served in your current ministry role? How often do you feel as if you may be ready for the "next step"? Where can you look to find your next campus?
We hear these questions regularly at CCMA. What is more scarce is a set of answers to the career aspirations many campus ministers have. Consider the chart below which was gleaned from the National Study on Catholic Campus Ministry (USCCB, 2017):
We recommend several websites for job searching:
- www.nccl.org (National Catholic Catechetical Leadership)
- www.catholicjobs.com (Catholic Jobs)
- www.ccmanetwork.org/career-center (CCMA Career Center)
Other recommended steps include:
- Polish up your resume; share it with someone you trust.
- Be clear about relocation; is this something you are open to?
- Discern your ideal job; where do you feel the Lord is calling to serve?
- Run the numbers; how much money do you want/need to make?
- Get the word out; let 3-4 people you trust know that you may be ready for a move.
- Talk with your spiritual director; this is a good way to "check" and see if your ambition is of the Lord.
Finding excellent positions in ministry takes patience and a bit of strategy. By taking the steps above, you'll be in great shape for whatever is next in your career.