University Campus Minister - Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
St. Bridget University Parish serving Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and deeply Catholic individual to fill a 12 month full-time position serving our growing university ministry. As part of the parish staff, the Campus Minister offers a welcoming pastoral outreach to collegians and serves their spiritual formation through developing and animating effective programming, fellowship opportunities, retreats, service and immersion experiences, as well as empowering student leadership.
- BA (MA preferred) related to pastoral ministry (theology, pastoral studies, religious education, divinity).
- Experience working with college students or young adults with knowledge of the psychological, pastoral, and spiritual needs of Millennial adults is necessary.
- An understanding of Comprehensive Young Adult Ministry as set forth by the USCCB in Empowered By the Spirit and Sons and Daughters of the Light.
- A self-starter who can work independently and as a part of a team.
- Aptitude to lead and collaborate with students, faculty and staff for on-going formation and evangelization on campus.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in use of social media as well as possess excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for the ministry.
Rowan University is a growing regional university that's ranked among the best public universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report. Today, Rowan's more than 14,000 students choose from more than 80 bachelor's and 60 master's degree programs, five doctoral programs and two professional programs.
Interested applicants should email/mail resume and statement of interest with your experience and qualifications by July 12, 2017 to:
Rev. Michael Field, Pastor
125 Church Street
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Campus Minister - Wright State University, Fairborn, Ohio
Catholic Campus Ministry at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, invites applications for a Catholic Campus Minister. The Campus Minister reports directly to the Director of Campus Ministry, and works with a team of student ministers and a team of FOCUS missionaries. A part-time music minister and part-time administrative assistant round out the staff. We are looking for someone who has the desire to share the Catholic faith to the whole Wright State University Community.
The campus minister’s main job responsibilities include planning both fall and spring retreats (sites have already been selected for the coming year), working closely with and helping to mentor FOCUS missionaries, and mentoring the student ministry team. Additionally, the campus minister is the staff member who leads our student mission trip to the Bosco Boys home in Mandeville, Jamaica, each May. They also coordinate alternative spring break opportunities.
Other opportunities include working on lunches for faculty and staff, and coordinating with other Christian campus ministries at Wright State.
The ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic holding a Master’s Degree in Theology or Pastoral Ministry, or a similar field with at least 18 graduate credits in theology. Also beneficial is some experience of supervised ministry training. The position is available immediately.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, résumé and Application for Employment to: Catholic Campus Ministry, 3650 Colonel Glenn Highway, Fairborn, Ohio 45324, or apply by email to: Edward.Burns@wright.edu. Application deadline is July 21, 2017, with employment beginning immediately.
Campus Minister for Service Opportunities/Adjunct, Religious & Theological Studies - Merrimack College, North Andover, Massachusetts
Merrimack College, an Augustinian Catholic college, is seeking a Campus Minister for Service Opportunities who will also serve as an adjunct professor of Religious and Theological Studies. Working as part of the Campus Ministry Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the evangelization and faith formation of undergraduate and graduate students while specifically organizing, promoting, and directing faith based service and outreach domestically and internationally, as well as other responsibilities in the Center for Campus Ministry. In addition, this candidate will be responsible for teaching two class sections each semester in the Religious and Theological Studies Department, particularly, but not exclusively sections of the RTS course required of all students. The combination of classroom teaching and pastoral ministry offers a unique opportunity to assist young adults in deepening their relationship with God through direct service of others, especially the poor and the oppressed. This is a full time, twelve month, fiscal year position.
- A Doctoral Degree (or nearly completed) in Theology/Spirituality/Pastoral Ministry with a strong foundation in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Experience teaching undergraduate theology.
- Experience in Campus Ministry and/or experience organizing and leading service immersion opportunities.
- Willingness to express a personal and healthy faith commitment through active and public religious practice.
- An outgoing and engaging personality able to connect with young adults at all levels of faith and spiritual development.
- Ability to engage young adults in the process of faith development.
- Willingness and skill for work on a collaborative team.
- Ability to be present for evening and weekend programming on campus.
Please apply online with cover letter, resume and reference contact. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2017.www.merrimack.edu/jobs.
Graduate Intern for Office of Spirituality - Notre Dame de Namur University
The Office of Spirituality Graduate Assistant will work in collaboration with the Director of Spirituality and Spirituality Interns to assist with planning and programming for the office as well as other tasks or projects as needed.
The Graduate Intern position is a live-on, part-time, one-year paraprofessional staff position in the Office of Spirituality. As a live-on staff member this individual will serve on the duty rotation schedule for Housing and Residential Life.
The Graduate Intern position is designed to complement the student’s degree program and prepare the student for an entry-level professional position in Student Affairs or related field.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of late night and weekend programming initiatives
- Coordinate liturgies, programs, and prayer services with the Director of Spirituality and attend all them when permitted.
- Works collaboratively with spirituality interns and staff to promote all of the Office of Spirituality programs and services Leadership Development.
- Work with Director of Office of Spirituality in recruiting, training and supervising Spirituality Interns.
- Cultivate leadership skills in students especially through student retreat teams, faith sharing groups, liturgical leadership and other campus ministry opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Director of Spirituality, coordinate the planning and implementation of Fall Retreat and Alternative Spring Break with student leaders.
- Maintain chapel and sacristy as a place of prayerful hospitality (upkeep liturgical arrangements, stock supplies, check requests, filing, change candles, etc.)
Housing and Residential Life On-Site Duty Rotation
- Respond as needed to assist/support in emergency situations.
- Assess and respond to a student health or safety needs.
- Provide on-site supervision and response to after hour crises.
- Attend meetings and trainings related to safety, duty and emergency response.
- Position is 20+ hours per week, with some evenings and weekends required for duty and programming.
- Room and board package provided (double occupancy apartment and 10 meals per week plan); some funding for professional development is also provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Enrollment in master’s degree program encouraged
- Experience in student activities/ programming, leadership, and/or residence life
- Strong administrative, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- A one-year commitment is required
- Must re-apply for second year
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bucknell University - Assistant Catholic Campus Minister
A full-time assistant to the Chaplain for the Catholic Community provides faith-based support, ministry, and programming to Bucknell Catholic students and the broader University community.
The position will work closely with the CCM student-led leadership team providing advisement, mentorship, and guidance. This position partners with the University Chaplain, Chaplain for the Jewish Community, and other religious professionals connected with faith groups on campus. This position requires evening and weekend availability.
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.bucknell.edu/.
Lay Campus Minister - Elizabethtown College, Franklin & Marshall College
Full time, 10-month position available for a Lay Catholic Campus Minister at Elizabethtown and Franklin & Marshall Colleges.
Experience in campus ministry and/or youth/young adult ministry required. Preferred candidate will have Master’s Degree in theology or pastoral studies.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by June 30, 2017 to: email@example.com.
Catholic Campus Minister - West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
Catholic Campus Ministry at West Virginia University is seeking a full-time (ten-month), lay or religious professional to lead our Campus Ministry program into vibrant and future growth. Located in the Heart of the WVU Campus, we have a unique opportunity for the right individual to guide and develop students in their faith lives. Mountaineer Catholic combines both campus ministry and parish life combined where an innovative approach to bringing people together, connecting and welcoming all students at our door, and celebrating of the Eucharist each week is essential.
We are looking for someone to shine the light of Christ’s Presence in a positive, cooperative and inspiring way, and be a team player in helping to mold and shape the present-day faithful as well as the future faithful of the Church! We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates must be practicing Catholic. Additional requirements: Masters degree in Theology, pastoral ministry or related field, experience in campus ministry/young adult ministry, excellent organizational skills, creative thinker and problem solver with being flexible with the changing environment of campus life.
All inquiries and resumes can be sent and or addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Campus Minister Hire) or 1481 University Ave Morgantown WV 26505.
Director of Mission and Service - Benedictine College
The Director of Missions and Service will institute foreign and domestic mission trips and service programs that train student to be disciples in the modern world and advance the mission of the Church in the world through the study and implementation of the documents of the Second Vatican Council and the call for a New Evangelization. Train students to effectively develop and lead and participate in projects that advance Gospel values.
- B.A in Theology, Youth Ministry, or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of higher education experience in leading and organizing domestic and foreign mission trips.
- Direct the mission trip program
- Increase the number of national and international missions
- Increase the number of students who engage in national and international missions—both as undergraduates and graduates
- Design and deliver a catechetical curriculum for mission trip leaders and participants
- Lead Fundraising Seminar Program
- Conduct 15+ Personal Support Raising Seminars each year to train mission trip leaders and participants how to raise funds for their mission trip
- Responsible for coordinating student fundraising efforts to raise more than $350,000 for mission trips and College Ministry projects.
- Increase funding for mission trip program through grants and training student fundraisers
- Direct the volunteer service opportunities
- Establish and direct opportunities for students to engage in service locally and regionally
- Connect service opportunities with Catholic Social Teaching principles
- Centralize service opportunities and documentation in Ministry department
- Implement a systems infrastructure to keep centralized records of service opportunities and involvement within the Ministry department
- Provide key service metrics and language to increase Catholic identity at the college
- Develop a ClearingHouse for missionary and service opportunities
- Establish and clarify relationships with major missionary organizations
- Host a Missions Fair that brings missionary organizations on campus to recruit BC students
- Utilize a systems infrastructure to provide ease-of –access to missionary organizations for BC students
- Train Ministry Leaders in gospel values
- Work directly with Service Team and Mission Trip Team and a portion of the 12 ministry teams
- Train ministry team coordinators in mission leadership skills
- Provide ongoing formation and support to FOCUS and SPO missionaries on campus
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of College Ministry EOE
- B.A in Theology, Youth Ministry, or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of higher education experience in leading and organizing domestic and foreign mission trips.
To apply, complete and sign application and forward to email@example.com with transcripts.
Campus Minister - Chaminade University of Honolulu
The Campus Minister will provide pastoral ministry to the Chaminade community with a particular focus on undergraduate students. This individual will serve as a member of the Campus Ministry team to offer programs which are consistent with the Catholic and Marianist identity of the university.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Master’s degree in theology, pastoral ministry, or related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
Experience and Skills: Significant previous experience in effectively coordinating and executing Catholic Christian ministry programs for college students, instructing and training peer leaders, and building positive working relationships with colleagues and students.
All eligible employees are encouraged to apply for the above listed position. Please go to https://www.chaminade.edu/employment-opportunities to submit your application.
Associate Director of Campus Ministry: Director of Formation and Leadership - Washington University of St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
The Associate Director of Campus Ministry: Director of Formation and Leadership for the Catholic Student Center (CSC) at Washington University in St Louis will help drive the mission of the CSC by overseeing student faith and leadership formation and evangelization along with staff and intern formation. This role will report to the Director of Campus Ministry and work in collaboration with the Campus Ministry Team and broader CSC staff and community.
It is the responsibility of every campus minister to help achieve the mission of the CSC which is “a house of Catholic formation and a community of hospitality to students of all faiths. The CSC strives - through education, service, and a worshipping community that seeks to know and become Christ - to form students intellectually, morally, socially, and spiritually according to the wisdom of the Catholic Church, so that they become active participants in parish life and moral and spiritual leaders in Church and society for the 21st century.”
The Director of Formation will serve as the key resource for students and staff focused on three primary areas of Ministry:
1. Student Leadership Formation. Support formation for students to encourage and train them to be(come) prepared and effective future leaders in Church and society rooted in Gospel values and in service.
2. Student Faith Formation. Facilitate the spiritual and personal growth of currently practicing students and lead evangelization efforts to engage and support the spiritual and personal growth of new and prospective CSC students.
3. Staff & Intern Formation. Ensure that CSC staff has ongoing training opportunities to meet the spiritual, theological, personal, relational, and leadership needs of the students we serve and continue to be relevant to each generation of students.
1. Student Leadership Formation (30%)
Create and supervise Catholic Leadership Development (CLD) – a year long experience that would involve leadership training, opportunities for leadership in action, mentorship, and educational formation in faithful leadership through monthly meetings. CLD would be expected to launch as a pilot program in Spring 2018. This role would recruit speakers and mentors to provide content for the program and solicit student participation in the program during Fall 2017. Upon completion of the pilot semester and an in-depth evaluation, a full year program would be launched starting Fall 2018.
Provide leadership training for students who are already in leadership positions at the CSC such as
o Facilitation and discipleship training for faith sharing group leaders
o Goal setting and discernment model leadership training for Catholic Student union (student leadership board)
2. Student Faith Formation (25%)
• Train student leaders to run core community groups and form discipleship relationships with group members.
• Create a leadership methodology for training students grounded in Servant and Character Leadership. Through partnerships with organizations such as Evangelical Catholic and The Leadership Roundtable on Church Management or various others, students would be exposed to resources for spiritual and personal formation that are offered both at and external to the Catholic Student Center.
• Supervise annual Awakening Retreat, one of the most formational aspects of the CSC ministry.
3. General Campus Ministry Duties (25%)
• Regular Sunday Mass and weekday Mass duties as shared by Campus Ministry team.
• Campus outreach to students through one-on-ones, meals, presence, etc.
• Attendance at major CSC programs as required by Campus Ministry staff.
• Other various campus ministry duties as requested
4. Staff Training & Formation (10%)
• Organize and execute a plan for ongoing professional development of staff through in-services, conferences, classes, etc. in partnership with the Director of Ministry.
• Train CSC team on Evangelization and their role in supporting this effort.
• Identify, develop and offer training / resources on mental health issues, relationship issues, leadership, sexual assault, grief and diversity.
5. Intern Formation (10%)
• Assist with formation for intern program, working with the intern supervisor to provide ongoing job training to help the interns become effective pastoral ministers.
• Help to provide Theological Reflection for the interns both in the workplace and also in their intentional community at the Herring Intern House.
- Graduate Level Degree in ministry or related field preferred
- 5 years of ministry experience or experience in related field involving leadership, education or mission integration
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong content development and presentation / training delivery skills
- Project or program planning and management experience
- Highest level of professional and ethical conduct
- Available to work evenings and weekends occasionally
Please send your resume to the Catholic Student Center at Washington University via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Director of Campus Ministry-University of Kentucky
Associate Director of Campus Ministry
- Bachelor's degree of higher
- Active in the Roman Catholic Faith
- Campus ministry experience
- Passion for evangelization of students
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with the campus ministry team and parish staff
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends as needed
Interested candidates should send a resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Graduate Assistant in Campus Ministry - University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth, Kansas
The Graduate Assistant in Campus Ministry functions as a part of a comprehensive Student Life team with a particular focus to supporting student involvement in Campus Ministry. The Graduate Assistant in Campus Ministry is primarily responsible for providing support to the Office of Campus Ministry by working with the Director of Campus Ministry to match the needs of the campus with the passion and skills of the Graduate Assistant.
- A personal commitment to leading a life of faith consistent with the mission of the University.
- Pursuing a graduate degree at the University of Saint Mary.
- Experience in ministry, student life, or intensive service.
- Familiarity with Catholic Social Teaching preferred.
- Experience and commitment to working with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic and ready to assume the responsibility for a comprehensive program.
- Must be imaginative and creative; able to promote and encourage enthusiasm for campus ministry programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; strong organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
To apply, please visit http://www.stmary.edu/About-us/Employment/Graduate-Assistant-Campus-Minister.aspx.
Associate Director Campus Ministry Position - Newman Catholic Community at Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois
SIUE Newman Catholic Community is seeking a dynamic leader for an Associate Director of Campus Ministry position. The AD serves as the leader of the programs, services and events of campus ministry. S/he works to foster the spiritual life of students by providing opportunities for religious celebration, faith formation, dialogue, prayer, pastoral counseling, service, and reflection. S/He must be willing to spearhead and coordinate the day to day running of the ministry. S/He must develop and manage important relationships within and outside the university community. This includes students, faculty, staff, alumni, the Office for Campus Ministry, and local parishes. This position is a full-time, 12-month position with evening and weekend responsibilities. The AD reports to the director.
This person must be a practicing Roman Catholic, have a master’s degree (ideally in theology or pastoral ministry) along with excellent knowledge and experience working with Roman Catholic liturgy, theology, church doctrines and teachings.
Interested candidates should send cover letter with resume and contact information for three references to Roy Lanham firstname.lastname@example.org. The Newman Catholic Community is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
Triad Area Campus Minister - Diocese of Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
The Diocese of Charlotte seeks a full-time entry level Campus Minister for the Triad Area. The Campus Minister works collaboratively with the Diocesan Director of Campus Ministry and Campus Ministers throughout the Diocese. The primary responsibility of the Campus Minister is to implement the Bishop’s Pastoral “Empowered by the Spirit”, the catechetical framework to name a few. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the finances and fundraising for Campus Ministry. As a member of the Diocesan Campus Ministry team the Campus Minister is expected to participate in diocesan Campus Ministry meetings and promote Campus Ministry events.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
- MA in Theology, Pastoral Ministry or Religious Studies preferred.
- The ability to be a daily minister of presence to the college students with an open ear and heart as they journey through their Catholic faith.
- Flexible schedule includes nights and weekend responsibilities.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to the Assistant to Director for Campus Ministry, Kay Jordan email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. For more information or questions contact Kay at 704.370.3234.
Spartanburg Regional Campus Minister – Spartanburg, South Carolina Wofford College, Converse College, University of South Carolina-Upstate, Spartanburg Methodist, VCOM - Diocese of Charleston, South Carolina
The Diocese of Charleston invites applications for a full-time campus minister to work collaboratively with local priest chaplain and volunteer campus ministers.
This regional position will foster current programming and expand Catholic campus ministry at these campuses. With a local Catholic Student Center the regional campus minister will organize, grow, and empower student programming on each campus, based on the six dimensions of Catholic campus ministry. This campus minister will develop uses of the campus student center as both a gathering location for fellowship and study as well as a worship space.
As a member of the Diocesan Catholic Campus Ministry Program the campus minister also communicates with the diocesan office, shares in diocesan campus ministry meetings, and promotes diocesan-wide campus ministry events. This campus minister will collaborate with the diocesan director to explore expanded connections with Wofford College and the diocese.
Core responsibilities include: development of strong, student leadership and peer ministry, a desire to reach students in their faith journey, and engagement in a regular ministry of presence on the campuses, in the center, and at student events. This position requires ability to create, collaborate, self-start, and balance ministry responsibilities in a multi-campus setting.
- Practicing Catholic with degree in theology, religious studies, or related field (Master degree preferred).
Preferred qualifications include:
- Several years of ministry experience working in a higher education setting.
- Flexible work schedule includes regular travel between the campuses with night and weekend responsibilities.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available July 1, 2017.