Keeping a High Standard

USCCB Department of Catholic Education:

Ministry Collaborations

St. Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology

In collaboration with the Catholic Campus Ministry Association (CCMA), Saint Meinrad can provide the necessary coursework you need to apply for certification as a Catholic campus minister. If you already possess a master's degree in another field, you will need at least 18 graduate credits in theology. We recommend our 18-credit Graduate Certificate for Campus Ministers. If you are a CCMA member seeking certification, you will receive a $150-per-course tuition discount, whether you pursue a graduate degree or a graduate certificate, or you simply take courses. You may qualify for additional financial aid, as well. Please contact our Financial Aid Office for more details.

Click here to see the St. Meinrad brochure.

Aquinas Institute of Theology

The Aquinas Institute is a graduate school of theology and ministry sponsored by the Dominican Central Province. They offer many programs of interest including Master of Arts in Theology (MA), Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies (MAPS), and graduate certificates in Pastoral Care and Spiritual Direction. Courses are offered on-campus and online. CCMA members receive a special discount of 35 percent on tuition for graduate theology classes taken toward a master's degree or in fulfillment of CCMA's requirement of 18 credit hours in theology for those with a master's degree in some other field.   

Eligibility for the discount requires the following criteria

  •  all of Aquinas Institute’s regular standards for admission;
  • be a member of the Catholic Campus Ministry Association;
  • be officially employed as a campus minister at a college or university when beginning their studies.

For more information about the tuition discount please contact the CCMA National Office at Visit the Aquinas Institute of Theology website for information on available courses. 

Aquinas At-A-Glance
MA Theology

Catholic Theological Union

Catholic Theological Union in Chicago is a global community, a rich mosaic of women and men, religious and lay, international and ethnically diverse, who come together for theological education to prepare for or to be updated in ministry. 

We welcome Catholic Campus Ministers to seek graduate degrees at CTU; Doctor of Ministry (D.Min), Master of Divinity (M.Div), Master of Arts in Theology (MA), and/or the Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies (MAPS). Furthermore, we offer a number of Certificates in a variety of areas. A person may also register as a Continuing Education student, receiving CEUs for courses taken.

Courses are offered on campus and online in fall semester, J-term for the month of January, spring semester, and summer institute. A complete listing of courses may be found on the CTU website,, by clicking on academics.

CCMA members will be offered a special discount of one-third off tuition for any and all courses taken, including those for credit toward a degre or certificate, or single courses and workshops. Eligibility requires all of CTU's regular standars for admission, plus employment as a campus minister, and membership in Catholic Campus Ministry Association. The discount will be applied when eligibility requirements are met. An initial contact to CTU's Director of Enrollment Management and Retention, Christine Henderson (, 773.371.5450) will begin the process. 

Visit CTU's website and click on the link below to view their 2017 Summer Program Brochure.

CTU 2017 Summer Program Brochure

Graduate Assistantship/Internship Programs

Description: A number of colleges, universities and ministries offer Graduate Assistantship and Internship programs specifically in the area of Catholic campus ministry. This gives those interested in pursuing a career as a campus minister the opportunity for hands-on experience and understanding of what the field entails.

Relevance: Students of Catholic campus ministry can gain invaluable insight into the work of campus ministers while continuing study, generally towards a Master’s degree. Graduates are ahead in the job market, as they’ve gained experience in their field while completing their studies.

Catholic Graduate Assistantship/Internship Programs Website Links:
The following schools or ministries feature a Graduate Assistantship or Internship program in the area of Catholic campus ministry. Please contact the site(s) you’re interested in for further information.

DePaul University
Contact: Mark Leboe
Phone: 773.325.7902

Georgian Court University Online Graduate Certificate
Phone: 732.987.2770

Greymoor Ecumenical and Interreligious Institute
Phone: 212.870.2330

Kent State University Newman Center
Contact: Rev. Steve Agostino
Phone: 330.678.0240

Loyola University Chicago
Contact: Lauren Schwer
Phone: 773.508.2159

Marquette University
Contact: Dr. Susan Mountins
Phone: 414.288.3693

Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota
Phone: 320.363.2791

University of Dayton
Contact: Kelly Adamson
Phone: 937.229.2574

Villanova University
Contact: Dr. Joyce Zavarich
Phone: 610.19.4484

Wheeling Jesuit University
Contact: Administrator
Phone: 304.243.2250

Do you know of a graduate assistantship or internship program in Catholic campus ministry that is not listed above? Please email Chrysta Bolinger at with the school’s name, the website address and the contact person’s name, email address and phone number.